The RetoTINK 5X Pro offers composite, S-Video, component and SCART inputs and scales everything from 240p – 720p, up to 1440p. Mike Chi’s first FPGA-powered device that introduces a few landmark accomplishments for bridging retro consoles to modern TVs.
On my YouTube channel I’ve made it my aim to record what impact mClassic has when used to play games for late 90’s up to and including Nintendo Switch. I’m now adding RetroTINK 5X Pro to that goal.
RetroTINK 5X Pro is a high-resolution video digitizer that can make your old game consoles look good on any modern-day TV/Display with fantastic results.
Key Features include:
- The first automatic optimal phase algorithm to produce the sharpest image with zero adjustments needed beyond selecting the base model.
- The first custom-developed FPGA-based Motion Adaptive Deinterlacing Algorithm specifically for games to make 480i titles shine without adding lag or flicker.
- The first high resolution (1080p and above) video scaler is capable of covering virtually all analog inputs: composite, S-video, component, and RGB out of the box.
- Fully compliant CEA-861 standard 1080p modes to maximize compatibility across displays and capture cards.
- High-quality polyphase scaling at both integer and non-integer factors for sharp pixels without shimmer. Seamless handling of resolution switches for drop-free gaming on titles that switch between 240p and 480i.
- Input Ports: Composite (shared with green RCA jack), S-Video, Component, RGB and Composite on SCART connector
- Output Port: Digital Video to HDTV
- Source Resolutions: 240p/480i, 288p/576i, 480p, 720p*, 1080i*
- Output Resolutions: 480p, 720p, 768p, 1080p, 1200p, 1440p°
- Input Filtering: Selectable low-pass filter for noise reduction
- Composite and S-Video Standards: NTSC, PAL, PAL-60, composite video is decoded with a high-quality comb filter to minimize dot artifacts or a notch filter for a vintage look
- Decoder: High quality comb filter that minimizes composite artifacts or notch filter for a vintage look.
- Optimal Sampling Modes: SNES/TG16 256, Genesis/Saturn/PS1 320, NEOGEO 320, N64 386, Saturn 352, PS1 384 in 240p. 288p counterparts to be added later.
- Scaler: Polyphase interpolation (Bilinear Sharp and Bilinear)
- Deinterlacer: Motion Adaptive, Weave, Bob, Blend, CRT simulation
- Scanline Generation: Multiple types, adjustable intensity
- Latency: ~0.25 frames in Framelock, 0.25 to 1.25 frames in Triple Buffering
- Power: microUSB
- polyphase scaling at both integer and non-integer factors for sharp pixels without shimmer. Seamless handling of resolution switches for drop-free gaming on titles that switch between 240p and 480i.
*720p and 1080i inputs are chroma limited. All other input resolutions preserve the full original chroma bandwidth. 1080i inputs use ‘Bob’ deinterlacing, 480i/576i inputs can utilize all deinterlacer modes. Not all TVs/displays will be compatible with 1440p. The RetroTINK-5X Pro uses 1920 x 1440p CVT reduced blanking timings. 1440p mode is only available for 240p/480i/480p sources.
Leave a Reply